Believed to be fictionalised portrait of Scientology and its founder, L. Ron Hubbard, The Master is the next picture from There Will Be Blood overlord Paul Thomas Anderson. Judging from this first trailer, it seems to be structured around the experience of Joaquin Phóenix´s character, a young fella who becomes the right-hand man to Philip Seymour Hoffman´s master figure.
The film was shot in 65mm. YouTube doesn´t really get that across. A teaser trailer also can´t, by its very nature, get across the sheer narrative and thematic scale that Anderson is apparently going for.
Thanks to Anderson fansite Cigarettes and Red Vines for the tip off.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014