So, there’s a title up there in the third person. That’s awkward enough, and now I’m about to start tooting my own horn so things good get pretty queasy. But this is probably the kind of thing I should tell you. Everybody says so.
I won a Sony Radio Award this week. The big industry awards for radio, it’s like The Oscars without pictures, and in England.
Okay, I say I won the award. Really, it’s a we. The award was for the radio show The Sunday Roast which goes out on Jack FM here in Oxfordshire, and can also be streamed online, on Sunday mornings.
The host of the show, Caroline Verdon was smart enough to get her name in the title recently – so now it’s The Sunday Roast with Caroline. To be fair, it’s probably to distinguish her run from what came before, to make for fair voting.
Perhaps. Either way, it has nothing to do with ego, she’s so very humble ow ow you can stop pinching me Caroline now, etc.
So I’m not the host. But I am the reegular contributor. Singular. I guess it’s like the Simon Mayo and Mark Kermode thing, for ease of reference.
So, I won an award. Nominated in our category but NOT WINNING were shows from BBC Radio 4 and BBC Radio 1.
Two other shows won awards in the same field but, frankly, to be one of the three gong-getters out of a set of dozens and dozens feels pretty good.
And there you have it. Now to see what use I can put this award to. For the good of makind, like.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014