On sale at Kapow this weekend, and coming through Diamond shortly, is the Incomplete Sleaze Castle from Markosia. That’s if it gets the numbers it needs.
Consider this an appeal to Americans. Oh sure, you think you have Anglophiliac tastes. Your shelves and/or Flash Drives full of Phonogram, Banksy, Misfits, Lucky Soul and The Thick Of It.
But you haven’t got Sleaze Castle. A science fiction/slice of life/action adventure/romance/philosophical romp that passes the Cricket Test, the Bechdel Test and the Old Grey Whistle Test running through a couple of decades in the publishing. Love And Rockets meets HitchHikers Guide To The Galaxy meets… I don;t know. Meets the thing you really like the most.
If you buy one comic book this year, buy this one. I don’t think you can get a better recommendation than that from me.
You can order it from your shop now, and right now is when Diamond need those orders to distribute such a thick book internationally. Let the shop owner find it for you on his system, and then order it. It is completely brilliant. I liked it so much I did the foreword.
But don’t let that put you off. Here is a taster.
- When Superheroes Get Social Justice Right, They Really Get It Right – The “Books As Flint” Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Teachers, Libraries And Comic Shops Order Bitch Planet Together – The C2E2 Panel - April 23, 2017
- Comics, Censorship, And Turmoil At The Border – The CBLDF Panel Report From C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- Will DC Bombshells Become Mothers? These Questions And More At The DC Uncharted Panel At C2E2 - April 23, 2017
- When Rooster Teeth Endorse Your Fan-Made Games At C2E2… - April 23, 2017