Chan (initially credited as Ernie Chua after a passport mix up) was a Filipino comic book artist who moved to the US in the 1970s to work in the comics industry.
With a notable inking run on Conan The Barbarian with John Buscema, and art runs on both Batman and Detective comics, he would go on to draw Conan solo, as well as work on books such as Doctor Strange, Kull The Destroyer and became DC’s go-to guy for covers in the late seventies.
He then moved into computer designs as well as TV and movie animation. Chan retired in 2002, spending much of his time in China, in search of tranquility, but financial pressure saw he return to the form for a softcore porn webcomic, The Vat for Dark Brain.
Ernie was also a special guest at last year’s San Diego Comic Con where he appeared to enjoy himself immensely.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMbGbgwmBYw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJxFeeGB6E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Zez9RSl8c
- Vulture.com Gets A Nice Big Plug In Spider-Man’s Free Comic Book Day - April 27, 2017
- Action Lab Announces Zombie Tramp, Vampblade And Dollface Crossover -The Danger Doll Squad - April 27, 2017
- Animal Jam Comic To Come With Free Stickers - April 27, 2017
- Fan Expo Buys Calgary Expo, To Add To Its Collection Of Comic Cons? (UPDATE: Nope) - April 27, 2017
- Secret Empire #2 Tops Advance Reorders - April 27, 2017