Chan (initially credited as Ernie Chua after a passport mix up) was a Filipino comic book artist who moved to the US in the 1970s to work in the comics industry.
With a notable inking run on Conan The Barbarian with John Buscema, and art runs on both Batman and Detective comics, he would go on to draw Conan solo, as well as work on books such as Doctor Strange, Kull The Destroyer and became DC’s go-to guy for covers in the late seventies.
He then moved into computer designs as well as TV and movie animation. Chan retired in 2002, spending much of his time in China, in search of tranquility, but financial pressure saw he return to the form for a softcore porn webcomic, The Vat for Dark Brain.
Ernie was also a special guest at last year’s San Diego Comic Con where he appeared to enjoy himself immensely.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMbGbgwmBYw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJxFeeGB6E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Zez9RSl8c
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017