Chan (initially credited as Ernie Chua after a passport mix up) was a Filipino comic book artist who moved to the US in the 1970s to work in the comics industry.
With a notable inking run on Conan The Barbarian with John Buscema, and art runs on both Batman and Detective comics, he would go on to draw Conan solo, as well as work on books such as Doctor Strange, Kull The Destroyer and became DC’s go-to guy for covers in the late seventies.
He then moved into computer designs as well as TV and movie animation. Chan retired in 2002, spending much of his time in China, in search of tranquility, but financial pressure saw he return to the form for a softcore porn webcomic, The Vat for Dark Brain.
Ernie was also a special guest at last year’s San Diego Comic Con where he appeared to enjoy himself immensely.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMbGbgwmBYw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPJxFeeGB6E http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02Zez9RSl8c
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017