The Glasgow League of Writers (GLoW) will be out in force at Kapow Comic Con this weekend with a host of limited edition comics, con exclusives and even some freebies for everyone visiting their stall – number 23.Gordon Mclean is the writer of sleeper hit No More Heroes, its tagline: ‘No supervillain could kill Dark Justice, the world’s greatest hero. Sid Millar did it with a text message’. He will be at the stall with limited edition signed copies of #1 and #2 along with a con-exclusive double issue.John Lees, writer of The Standard – a fun, clever and very popular exploration of the superhero genre, will have the first three issues available, as well as limited edition prints.Everyone likes free stuff and so everyone will like Jonbot vs Martha from Colin Bell, which he describes as “Kramer Vs Kramer meets Short Circuit, but with more swearing”. A free limited edition mini-comic and poster will be given to anyone smart/brave/bored enough to visit GLoW’s stall (while stocks last, of course).Gillian Hatcher of Team Girl Comics, while unable to be there in person as she’s currently jet-setting across the world as an international spy, has provided us with copies of her and Team Girl’s well-respected works to spread the word.Then there’s Luke Halsall, creator of ‘ASBO avenger’ Hoodie. As dark forces have prevented him from having any goodies to shill at the stall he’ll probably be the safest member of GLoW to approach as he won’t be desperately hoping you buy something so he can afford the bus home.
I’m out all day tomorrow visiting food markets and bars with CB Cebulski, if you’re exhibiting something new at Kapow or Big Wow this weeknd, get in touch today…
- How Will 3D, VR, Streaming And Social Media Change Entertainment? Bigwigs Asked At San Diego Comic-Con - July 21, 2017
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017