In September, DC Comics publishes zero issues of the New 52, to celebrate the year anniversary of the revamp.
Some books however, it seems, may not make it that far.
Justice League International #12 will be the last issue of the series.
An interesting decision as it outsells the like of Suicide Squad, Superboy, Birds Of Power, Green Arrow and more.
The Justice League solicitations point to a rather large revamp however. Justice League finishes an arc saying “A shocking last page that will have the world talking about this special, extra-sized issue!”, Justice League International solicitations tells us “It’s the funeral for ROCKET RED. • Several members resign from the team – who will be left?” Well no one, if it’s the last issue. The Justice League International Annual #1 features Geoff Johns and Dan DiDio writing, with Jason Fabok on art, picking up plot points from the cancelled OMAC, and tying in with this “shocking” Justice League #12 ending, as well as Blue Beetle #12 somehow.
And the ending of Captain Atom #12 seems a little… momentous too.
Can we expect a new Justice League team title to start with an issue zero in September?
- A Few DC Covers For April, From Jamie McKelvie To Sienkiewicz To Conner To Cho - March 22, 2017
- Garth Ennis And Donny Cates Find New Homes For Comics In AfterShock’s Solicits For June 2017 - March 22, 2017
- Alex Ross’ Mighty Mouse Tops Dynamite’s June 2017 Solicits - March 22, 2017
- Rocky & Bullwinkle Get A New Comic From American Mythology In June 2017 Solicits - March 22, 2017
- Nothing On The Cover Or Description For Invincible Iron Man #5 Happens In The Comic - March 22, 2017