In September, DC Comics publishes zero issues of the New 52, to celebrate the year anniversary of the revamp.
Some books however, it seems, may not make it that far.
Justice League International #12 will be the last issue of the series.
An interesting decision as it outsells the like of Suicide Squad, Superboy, Birds Of Power, Green Arrow and more.
The Justice League solicitations point to a rather large revamp however. Justice League finishes an arc saying “A shocking last page that will have the world talking about this special, extra-sized issue!”, Justice League International solicitations tells us “It’s the funeral for ROCKET RED. • Several members resign from the team – who will be left?” Well no one, if it’s the last issue. The Justice League International Annual #1 features Geoff Johns and Dan DiDio writing, with Jason Fabok on art, picking up plot points from the cancelled OMAC, and tying in with this “shocking” Justice League #12 ending, as well as Blue Beetle #12 somehow.
And the ending of Captain Atom #12 seems a little… momentous too.
Can we expect a new Justice League team title to start with an issue zero in September?
- Warner Bros CEO Kevin Tsujihara Under Spotlight Over Justice League Reception - November 18, 2017
- Gamifying Comics: The Making Of Cartooner - November 18, 2017
- Does This List Set Out Which Justice League Scenes Were Whedon And Which Were Snyder? [SPOILERS] - November 18, 2017
- 25 Years Ago Today, Superman Died At The Hands Of Doomsday – Three Days Later Will He Rise Again In Doomsday Clock? - November 18, 2017
- Geoff Johns Is Leaving The Country For The Release Of Doomsday Clock - November 18, 2017