The comic industry has been looking for new funding models for quite some time. Advertising seems to have dropped off, customers are increasingly worried about skyrocketing prices, and piracy is on the rise.
So thank the Lord for ShiftyLook, a new initiative within Japanese gaming giant Namco Bandai commissioning webcomics from deliciously wonderful creators and then putting them all online for free. How the hell?
You can find the full article in Bleeding Cool Magazine #0 at a comics retailer near you. Here is the Bleeding Cool Directory of retailers who have shown special support to the magazine and this website. Are you a retailer who would like to be included? Contact us.
Reply to this article in the forum.
Further Reading: SHIFTYLOOK
- Infinity Gauntlet Is Not The Title Of ‘Avengers 4’, Says James Gunn - April 25, 2017
- Hawkgirl Day: Celebrating The First Appearance Of One Of The First Female Comic Book Superheroes - April 25, 2017
- Kingsman: The Golden Circle First Trailer - April 24, 2017
- Superman Lives: Official Justice League Movie Site Reveals Another (‘More Official’?) Team Shot With Superman - April 23, 2017
- ‘Happy Days’, ‘Joanie Loves Chaci’ Star Erin Moran Dead At 56 - April 22, 2017