Recent, IDW published a new Popeye comic book. The first in quite a while.
And it sold. Sold well. And kept on selling.
And I’ve got the numbers. The full, actual, honest numbers that count sales to the direct market in the US, Canada and the UK. These are never released by publishers, for fear of exposing their hand to rivals.
IDW received 11,569 preorders for Popeye #1 from comic retailers by the FOC date. As a result, they printed 13,400 copies. Those extra two thousand copies have now also sold out, leading to a second print (above).
The Diamond Retailer Summit variant (below), with a print run of 600 and a Roger Langridge cover, is currently hitting around $25 on eBay…
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017