Recent, IDW published a new Popeye comic book. The first in quite a while.
And it sold. Sold well. And kept on selling.
And I’ve got the numbers. The full, actual, honest numbers that count sales to the direct market in the US, Canada and the UK. These are never released by publishers, for fear of exposing their hand to rivals.
IDW received 11,569 preorders for Popeye #1 from comic retailers by the FOC date. As a result, they printed 13,400 copies. Those extra two thousand copies have now also sold out, leading to a second print (above).
The Diamond Retailer Summit variant (below), with a print run of 600 and a Roger Langridge cover, is currently hitting around $25 on eBay…
- 46 Sketches And Commissions Bought At C2E2, From Sharp To Stelfreeze, From Roux To Rossmo - April 29, 2017
- “A Poor Man’s Dave McKean” – A Two Year Long Journey To Finding A Niche - April 29, 2017
- Free Comic Book Day Event Cancelled In Florida Because It Wouldn’t Mix Well With The Art Crowd… - April 29, 2017
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017