Recent, IDW published a new Popeye comic book. The first in quite a while.
And it sold. Sold well. And kept on selling.
And I’ve got the numbers. The full, actual, honest numbers that count sales to the direct market in the US, Canada and the UK. These are never released by publishers, for fear of exposing their hand to rivals.
IDW received 11,569 preorders for Popeye #1 from comic retailers by the FOC date. As a result, they printed 13,400 copies. Those extra two thousand copies have now also sold out, leading to a second print (above).
The Diamond Retailer Summit variant (below), with a print run of 600 and a Roger Langridge cover, is currently hitting around $25 on eBay…
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017