Recent, IDW published a new Popeye comic book. The first in quite a while.
And it sold. Sold well. And kept on selling.
And I’ve got the numbers. The full, actual, honest numbers that count sales to the direct market in the US, Canada and the UK. These are never released by publishers, for fear of exposing their hand to rivals.
IDW received 11,569 preorders for Popeye #1 from comic retailers by the FOC date. As a result, they printed 13,400 copies. Those extra two thousand copies have now also sold out, leading to a second print (above).
The Diamond Retailer Summit variant (below), with a print run of 600 and a Roger Langridge cover, is currently hitting around $25 on eBay…
- Ten Thoughts About Doctor Who: The Ghost Monument - October 14, 2018
- Almost A Thousand Cosplay Photos From New York Comic Con 2018 - October 14, 2018
- Preview of Next Week’s Doctor Who, Rosa Parks, and New TARDIS - October 14, 2018
- Carol Danvers’ New Origin This Week Includes Her Real Name - October 14, 2018
- Comic Store In Your Future – Remembering Norm Breyfogle - October 14, 2018