Recent, IDW published a new Popeye comic book. The first in quite a while.
And it sold. Sold well. And kept on selling.
And I’ve got the numbers. The full, actual, honest numbers that count sales to the direct market in the US, Canada and the UK. These are never released by publishers, for fear of exposing their hand to rivals.
IDW received 11,569 preorders for Popeye #1 from comic retailers by the FOC date. As a result, they printed 13,400 copies. Those extra two thousand copies have now also sold out, leading to a second print (above).
The Diamond Retailer Summit variant (below), with a print run of 600 and a Roger Langridge cover, is currently hitting around $25 on eBay…
- Shooting Venom On The Streets Of San Francisco - January 22, 2018
- An Analysis of Promethea’s Appearance In Justice League Of America #23 – and a Possible Way Out(SPOILERS) - January 22, 2018
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018