MouseWatch: David Petersen reads last year’s Mouse Guard Free Comic Book Day story
ChicagoWatch: Neil Gaiman writes;
I’m writing a speech I will be delivering in Chicago next week, with the working title of “What the [very bad swearword] is a Children’s Book anyway?” It’s about, well, what Children’s fiction is, something the book I’m writing right now has me thinking about all the time. It has a seven year old hero, and magic, and terror, but it doesn’t feel like a kids’ book, and the attitudes and content are profoundly adult.
FreeWatch: Free Comic Book Day was trending on Twitter worldwide yesterday and seemed to own all known media. There was a time when shops used to beg press for coverage. Now it’s the other way around.
They say I am a work in progress. The fools.
In anticipation of Lichtenstein: A Retrospective, on April 12th The Art Institute of Chicago convened an eclectic panel to discuss comics: Neal Adams, Ivan Brunetti, Geof Darrow, and J.J. Sedelmaier, moderated by Richard Holland, co-founder of Bad at Sports podcast. We’re pleased to present a recording of the panel, with thanks to the museum.
Note: If you haven’t read The New 52 the offering from DC Comics from FCBD you might want to stop reading now.
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017