MouseWatch: David Petersen reads last year’s Mouse Guard Free Comic Book Day story
ChicagoWatch: Neil Gaiman writes;
I’m writing a speech I will be delivering in Chicago next week, with the working title of “What the [very bad swearword] is a Children’s Book anyway?” It’s about, well, what Children’s fiction is, something the book I’m writing right now has me thinking about all the time. It has a seven year old hero, and magic, and terror, but it doesn’t feel like a kids’ book, and the attitudes and content are profoundly adult.
FreeWatch: Free Comic Book Day was trending on Twitter worldwide yesterday and seemed to own all known media. There was a time when shops used to beg press for coverage. Now it’s the other way around.
They say I am a work in progress. The fools.
In anticipation of Lichtenstein: A Retrospective, on April 12th The Art Institute of Chicago convened an eclectic panel to discuss comics: Neal Adams, Ivan Brunetti, Geof Darrow, and J.J. Sedelmaier, moderated by Richard Holland, co-founder of Bad at Sports podcast. We’re pleased to present a recording of the panel, with thanks to the museum.
Note: If you haven’t read The New 52 the offering from DC Comics from FCBD you might want to stop reading now.
- The Look Of London Film And Comic-Con From The Upper Gallery - July 28, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish 30 Walking Dead Tribute Variant Covers In October - July 27, 2017
- Captain America #695 Lenticular Cover By Alex Ross Homages John Romita Jr. And Bob Layton’s Iron Man - July 27, 2017
- Rich Johnston At The London Film And Comic Con Tomorrow, Table 38 - July 27, 2017
- The Return Of That Feminist Agenda T-Shirt (Marvel Comics Spoilers) - July 27, 2017