This is strange: “Award Pictures are pressing ahead with plans to produce the new sequel Evil Dead: Consequences without the involvement of Sam Raimi or his company, Renaissance Pictures. Award’s claim is that Renaissance abandoned the Evil Dead trademark, and amongst their evidence is a quote from Raimi, published in a book in 2000,* wherein he says that he would “never” make another sequel.”
Also: It appears to be time to re-open last year’s SUPERMOON poll.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
We present, for your viewing enjoyment, a selection of photos taken at Calgary Comic & Entertainment Expo 2012!
Here’s a few shots, via Twitter, of how Free Comic Book Day has been going down around the world…
In the book Comics: Between The Panels by Mike Richardson and Steve Duin, they tell a number of comic book industry stories over the decades. Including comics that never made it to print. Such as an earlier stab by DC Comics at something like Before Watchmen.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
As more and more people get to see The Avengers movie (it’s out in the UK today), there are more and more questions being asked. But these are the two bigger ones.
I don’t know if it’s because planning for the Avatar sequels has been going so well, or maybe James Cameron’s scripts for parts 2 and 3 have ended up overrunning, but for the first time, the writer-director has mentioned the possibility of a part 4.
Here’s a cautionary tale for filmmakers everywhere, to teach them that they should never say never. Not unless they want to waste their time in courtrooms, anyhow.
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017