We’ve already discussed the surprises and sneaky wordplay of the first Avengers postscript scene, but being in the UK, we’ve been denied – so far – screenings of the second. It has been added onto prints in the US already, and it seems a reasonable guess that it will be playing around the world from this Friday when the film opens Stateside.
It’s hard to discuss the scene without taking all of the air out of it. I’d suggest you wait and see it in context. Suffice to say, it’s a neat idea and contrary to expectation that it might be used to set up an upcoming Marvel movie – Ant Man, say, or Iron Man 3 – it actually serves to pay off something from earlier in The Avengers.
I’m not going to tell you what it is here. But I’ll link you offsite. Only click if you dare.
That’s confirmed, by the way. 100%.
And, every bit as spoilery, I suppose, is the moment from earlier in the film that this new button scene pays off. But you probably don’t want to click on that either.
I know you’ll want to discuss this in the forum, and the reason why the scene might not quite add up, but please try not to spoil anything.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014