There’s something in the air. And it’s called Lord Of The Rings-meets-Star Wars.
I blame Avatar for kicking this off initially. We’ve seen it with the debut of Saga from Bryan K Vaughan and Fiona Staples. Taking an epic fantasy world and mixing it with the concerns of a galactic empire. Starships and sorcery. Black holes and boglins. Light sabres and battle axes.
And in October, we’ll be getting it big time, with Anomaly, an original painted/CGI’s graphic novel written by Hollywood lawyer Skip Brittenham and Witchblade co-creator Brian Haberlin, and drawn by Haberlin and Geirrod Van Dyke. As a 370 page hardcover book and an App, narrated by the likes of Vincent Corazza, Nana Visitor, Olivia D’Abo, Dave Fennoy, Keith Szarabajka, Hudson Leick and Anthony Cistaro and billed as the “longest full-color, original graphic novel ever published.” Anyone want to challenge that?
Anomaly is the story of a planet being conquered by humans looking to mine it, but facing a planet that seems at war with them. All very Avatar and Deathworld. Naturally, there’s a movie deal already with producer Joe Roth.
You can see a lot of it right here. Here are some visuals to slowly drool over…
- Are You On The Fence? C.S. Pacat Makes The Case Ger Her First Comic Book - October 20, 2017
- How To Get Your Copy Of The Comic Industry All-Star ‘The Spirit Of Eisner’ Newspaper - October 20, 2017
- Rick Veitch’s Maximortal Sequel In Stock At Amazon Right Now - October 19, 2017
- Udon Puts Gisèle Lagacé And David Lumsdon’s Ménage À 3 Into Print In February 2018 - October 19, 2017
- 25 DC Variant Covers By Grampa, Sienkiewicz, Hitch, Lee And More For November Including Metal #4 - October 19, 2017