There’s something in the air. And it’s called Lord Of The Rings-meets-Star Wars.
I blame Avatar for kicking this off initially. We’ve seen it with the debut of Saga from Bryan K Vaughan and Fiona Staples. Taking an epic fantasy world and mixing it with the concerns of a galactic empire. Starships and sorcery. Black holes and boglins. Light sabres and battle axes.
And in October, we’ll be getting it big time, with Anomaly, an original painted/CGI’s graphic novel written by Hollywood lawyer Skip Brittenham and Witchblade co-creator Brian Haberlin, and drawn by Haberlin and Geirrod Van Dyke. As a 370 page hardcover book and an App, narrated by the likes of Vincent Corazza, Nana Visitor, Olivia D’Abo, Dave Fennoy, Keith Szarabajka, Hudson Leick and Anthony Cistaro and billed as the “longest full-color, original graphic novel ever published.” Anyone want to challenge that?
Anomaly is the story of a planet being conquered by humans looking to mine it, but facing a planet that seems at war with them. All very Avatar and Deathworld. Naturally, there’s a movie deal already with producer Joe Roth.
You can see a lot of it right here. Here are some visuals to slowly drool over…
- Dark Horse Presents, Cancelled One More Time… - May 29, 2017
- The Writer Who Wouldn’t Talk To His Colourist – Christina Strain Talks About Failure - May 29, 2017
- Secret Empire Plot Affects Marvel Comics’ Memorial Day Tribute - May 29, 2017
- Arya, A New Comic From Sofia Savila And Minjun Chen, Out This August - May 29, 2017
- What Happens In Batman #24 That Will Change Batman From #25 Onward? - May 29, 2017