Kurtzman’s directorial debut, People Like Us is due out in the summer, they’ve taken on rewrite duties for All You Need is Kill and the Amazing Spider-Man sequel, and they’ve got the Star Trek sequel wrapping up in the coming weeks.
But like some kind of teetering, tottering Scooby snack, they’ve just piled on some more slices of movie meat and set up a first-look deal with Universal that will see them producing a few ongoing projects for the studio.
These include the Mummy reboot that Prometheus‘ Jon Spaihts is writing, as well as a (seemingly) previously dormant Van Helsing project that Tom Cruise has been keen on for several years.
Once upon a time Tom Cruise was going to team up with Guillermo Del Toro for this film but… well, we don’t know what. While I wouldn’t expect Del Toro to still be involved, there’s no director named in the press release.
As long as it’s not Stephen Sommers, eh?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014