Alex De Campi reports in the latest update to her Kickstarter-sourced graphic novel Ashes that caused considerable fuss earlier this year when De Campi fired the comic’s co-creator James Hodgkins/Jimmy Broxton off the book.
He was replaced by a series of name artists, including Igor Kordey who had drawn the original Smoke book, to which Ashes is a sequel.
De Campi reports that now Igor Kordey is no longer drawing that section of the book, saying;
The bad news: Igor had to bow out as his schedule for his French series grows ever more compressed. His pages are right up in the first issue so there wasn’t a lot of wiggle room. The good news: Carla Speed McNeil is taking over his pages. For me, personally, this is a SQUEE!!!!!! moment of epic proportions. And she’s drawing a massive action scene in Africa with crocodiles and all sorts of critters.
Carla Speed McNeil is a personal favourite creator of mine as well. I may join in the squeeing a tad…
Also the Image Comics print publication of De Campi’s pioneering digital comic Valentine, is now scheduled for September. It will be a “350 page digest format trade, with 10 chapters plus a 42-page bonus story drawn by Aussie superstar Cassandra James.”
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017