In theory, this new viral means we could end up with the entire third trailer for The Dark Knight Rises well ahead of its official release at the end of the week.
Here’s how it works.
A series of instructions have been added to the Dark Knight Rises official site. They tell users to track down pieces of themed graffiti at a series of addresses in a number of countries across the world then e-mail or tweet their photos of this graffiti. For every user that does this as per the instructions, one more frame – that is, one more 1/24th of a second – is added to a film-strip representation of the film’s next trailer.
There’s more being added all the time, but a member of the Superhero Hype Forums compiled this gif of the so-far released images a little earlier.
That’s right – chances are, the first time we see the new Dark Knight Rises trailer, it’s going to be a herky-jerky postage stamp with the texture of sandpaper.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014