This weekend, the Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo (at which Avatar are appearing) did their best impression of the first year of New York Comic Con, with fire marshalls denying access to the show due to overcrowding and fears of a stampede, as too many people tried to get in at once.
This included those who has paid hundreds of dollars to get in and get photo opportunities with the likes of Stan Lee or the cast of Star Trek Next Generation reuniting for the first time, including Wil Wheaton and John deLancie.
The Calragy Herald reports angered fans, “I am beyond angry…They obviously sold more tickets than they had room for.” “They said ‘Go stand over there’ and ‘maybe.’ There’s lineups all around the building and you can’t get through anywhere.” And one man who stepped out for a cigarette, and then couldn’t return to get to his children.
- Jenny Finn From Mike Mignola And Troy Nixey Returns In Dark Horse’s November 2017 Solicits - August 16, 2017
- The Who’s Who Of The Valiant Universe In Divinity #0 - August 16, 2017
- More Demonstrations As To How Marvel Legacy Came Up With Their Numbers - August 16, 2017
- Second Prints For Metal #1, Mister Miracle #1, Totally Awesome Hulk #22, Captain America #25 And Generations: Thors - August 16, 2017
- Official Pepe The Frog Enamel Pins Coming To Comic Stores In October – What Could Go Wrong? - August 16, 2017