This weekend, the Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo (at which Avatar are appearing) did their best impression of the first year of New York Comic Con, with fire marshalls denying access to the show due to overcrowding and fears of a stampede, as too many people tried to get in at once.
This included those who has paid hundreds of dollars to get in and get photo opportunities with the likes of Stan Lee or the cast of Star Trek Next Generation reuniting for the first time, including Wil Wheaton and John deLancie.
The Calragy Herald reports angered fans, “I am beyond angry…They obviously sold more tickets than they had room for.” “They said ‘Go stand over there’ and ‘maybe.’ There’s lineups all around the building and you can’t get through anywhere.” And one man who stepped out for a cigarette, and then couldn’t return to get to his children.
- Faeries Will Flood From The Faultlines From Midsummer’s Night - June 25, 2017
- Dan Schaffer And David Miller Bring Malefic To Devil’s Due For September 2017 Solicits - June 25, 2017
- Will We Discover The New Doctor Who Next Week? - June 25, 2017
- Adrian Ramos Launches No Room For Magic #1 In Keenspot’s September 2017 Solicits - June 25, 2017
- It’s Not San Andreas’ Fault, It’s The Monsters! Massimo Rosi And Gabriel Ibarra Nunez Launch Graveland #1 From Scout Comics In September 2017 Solicitations - June 25, 2017