This weekend, the Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo (at which Avatar are appearing) did their best impression of the first year of New York Comic Con, with fire marshalls denying access to the show due to overcrowding and fears of a stampede, as too many people tried to get in at once.
This included those who has paid hundreds of dollars to get in and get photo opportunities with the likes of Stan Lee or the cast of Star Trek Next Generation reuniting for the first time, including Wil Wheaton and John deLancie.
The Calragy Herald reports angered fans, “I am beyond angry…They obviously sold more tickets than they had room for.” “They said ‘Go stand over there’ and ‘maybe.’ There’s lineups all around the building and you can’t get through anywhere.” And one man who stepped out for a cigarette, and then couldn’t return to get to his children.
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018