This weekend, the Calgary Comic And Entertainment Expo (at which Avatar are appearing) did their best impression of the first year of New York Comic Con, with fire marshalls denying access to the show due to overcrowding and fears of a stampede, as too many people tried to get in at once.
This included those who has paid hundreds of dollars to get in and get photo opportunities with the likes of Stan Lee or the cast of Star Trek Next Generation reuniting for the first time, including Wil Wheaton and John deLancie.
The Calragy Herald reports angered fans, “I am beyond angry…They obviously sold more tickets than they had room for.” “They said ‘Go stand over there’ and ‘maybe.’ There’s lineups all around the building and you can’t get through anywhere.” And one man who stepped out for a cigarette, and then couldn’t return to get to his children.
- Richard Corben Returns To Heavy Metal Magazine - October 23, 2017
- Armando Iannucci Comes To Forbidden Planet In London Tomorrow - October 23, 2017
- Rick Veitch’s Boy Maximortal: Killing Every Fancypants Fascist - October 23, 2017
- Free Paper Girls Comics In October 2017 Loot Crate (UNBOXING) - October 23, 2017
- Liam Sharp Has A Mystery New Comic For February 2018 - October 23, 2017