There’s naturally been plenty of talk in recent months about the success of DC’s New 52 editorial-side strategy, and what, if anything, Marvel might do to counter. Or if Marvel will stick to their long term strategies, and what exactly those might be. But this week [and sorry, SPOILERS, spoilers everywhere] we’ve seen this and this, and over on Brendon’s side we’ve seen that, and all the while Marvel’s been slowly but surely getting better at drafting comic events off of the incredibly successful movie machine. Enough dots to start connecting? I think their might be.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
The article reveals the villain involved has been popping from universe to universe and has shown up in previous issues of Ultimate Spider-Man. But in disguise.
Nevertheless there does seem to be some editorial reorganisation going around the company, but little being stated and announced. And gossip loves a vacuum.
We knew it might well be coming in Secret Avengers #27. Because of, you know, the cover and content descriptions, and that kind of thing.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
As more and more people get to see The Avengers movie (it’s out in the UK today), there are more and more questions being asked. But these are the two bigger ones.
One nice callback to James Cameron’s movie – or call forward, if you like – has popped up on the Weyland Investors tie-in site. Now, whether or not this item actually appears in the film is still unconfirmed, but I’ll certainly be keeping my eyes open for it.
In a similar fashion to the Paramount piece from yesterday, let’s round up the little bits and pieces of Fox news to have broken down in Las Vegas during Cinemacon.
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017