USA Today, which specialises in running comic book news stories for a mainstream audience when the publishers ask them to, has revealed the Big Bad, in Spider-Men. As well as the news that the crossover between the Ultimate Universe and the 616 Universe has actually been going on for quite some time.
The article reveals the villain involved has been popping from universe to universe and has shown up in previous issues of Ultimate Spider-Man. But in disguise.
Bendis says fans who have been following Ultimate comics religiously will enjoy the Mysterio reveal. The villain has been making trouble in that universe for a while, traveling incognito to and from the regular universe.
“Mysterio is up there with the most dangerous criminals that Spider-Man has come up against,” Bendis says. “When I was a kid, I found some of his stories to be terrifying. It just got so personal. When he does his thing right, he delves in and gets deep into a psyche that doesn’t deserve that kind of punishment.”
And we’ll get Ultimate Aunt May meeting the grown up Peter Parker… and Peter meeting Ultimate Gwen Stacy…
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018