Last year, Devil’s Due Publishing left Diamond Comic Distributors, leaving a large amount of debt, both to the distributor and to creators, alongside allegations that Diamond had lost much of their stock. It wasn’t pretty.
Today, Devil’s Due will announce they are back, as Devil’s Due Entertainment, still headed up by Josh Blaylock.
They are also publishing a new imprint Project Rectify, featuring projects with an aim to pay back creators that DDP owed money to.
In what must have been a rather fiddled with press release, Bill Schanes, Diamond’s Vice President of Purchasing is quoted as saying “We’re excited to see what the new Devil’s Due Entertainment will have to offer comic book specialty retailers” which is about as non committal as it comes.
Let’s see if the industry can forgive them.
- Warsaw Withdraws Comics Festival Funding After Publisher Gives Out Book Mocking Polish Nationalism - May 28, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – May 28th, 2017 – World’s Greatest Detective Comics - May 28, 2017
- Will Marvel Comics Succumb To Warren Ellis’ Nazi Pitch? - May 28, 2017
- Jae Lee’s New Creator Owned Comic Announced At Phoenix Comic Con – Fey - May 28, 2017
- Lying In The Gutters – 28th May 2017 – What’s Going On? - May 28, 2017