Last year, Devil’s Due Publishing left Diamond Comic Distributors, leaving a large amount of debt, both to the distributor and to creators, alongside allegations that Diamond had lost much of their stock. It wasn’t pretty.
Today, Devil’s Due will announce they are back, as Devil’s Due Entertainment, still headed up by Josh Blaylock.
They are also publishing a new imprint Project Rectify, featuring projects with an aim to pay back creators that DDP owed money to.
In what must have been a rather fiddled with press release, Bill Schanes, Diamond’s Vice President of Purchasing is quoted as saying “We’re excited to see what the new Devil’s Due Entertainment will have to offer comic book specialty retailers” which is about as non committal as it comes.
Let’s see if the industry can forgive them.
- Reviewing By The Numbers: A Tarnished Tintin For Grown Ups - January 22, 2017
- More Comics Folk Attend Anti-Trump Women’s Marches Around The World #WomensMarch - January 21, 2017
- James Hudnall Pleads For His Friends To Give Trump A Chance - January 21, 2017
- Comics Folk React To (Or Are Part Of) The Women’s Marches Against Donald Trump - January 21, 2017
- Peter Capaldi Joins The Anti-Trump Women’s March In London – Potential Spoiler For The 13th Doctor? - January 21, 2017