Last year, Devil’s Due Publishing left Diamond Comic Distributors, leaving a large amount of debt, both to the distributor and to creators, alongside allegations that Diamond had lost much of their stock. It wasn’t pretty.
Today, Devil’s Due will announce they are back, as Devil’s Due Entertainment, still headed up by Josh Blaylock.
They are also publishing a new imprint Project Rectify, featuring projects with an aim to pay back creators that DDP owed money to.
In what must have been a rather fiddled with press release, Bill Schanes, Diamond’s Vice President of Purchasing is quoted as saying “We’re excited to see what the new Devil’s Due Entertainment will have to offer comic book specialty retailers” which is about as non committal as it comes.
Let’s see if the industry can forgive them.
- ‘Mech Cadet Yu’ By Greg Pak And Takeshi Miyazawa Will Be An Ongoing Series - August 19, 2017
- We Talk To The Supergirl Cosplayer “Along For The Ride” At The White Nationalist Rally In Charlottesville - August 19, 2017
- Writer’s Perspective: What I Learned From Creating ‘Robots Vs. Princesses’ - August 19, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future: The Secret Empire Sales Drop - August 19, 2017
- Disillusionment With Comics Almost Made Me Give Them Up For Good - August 19, 2017