Last year, Devil’s Due Publishing left Diamond Comic Distributors, leaving a large amount of debt, both to the distributor and to creators, alongside allegations that Diamond had lost much of their stock. It wasn’t pretty.
Today, Devil’s Due will announce they are back, as Devil’s Due Entertainment, still headed up by Josh Blaylock.
They are also publishing a new imprint Project Rectify, featuring projects with an aim to pay back creators that DDP owed money to.
In what must have been a rather fiddled with press release, Bill Schanes, Diamond’s Vice President of Purchasing is quoted as saying “We’re excited to see what the new Devil’s Due Entertainment will have to offer comic book specialty retailers” which is about as non committal as it comes.
Let’s see if the industry can forgive them.
- Old Man Hawkeye #1 and Venom #160 Go to Second Printings - January 16, 2018
- Neil Gaiman Announces Paperback of Norse Mythology for Tuesday, March 6th - January 16, 2018
- Finally – Frank Miller’s 300 Prequel, Xerxes, from Dark Horse Comics in April 2018 - January 16, 2018
- So… Why Is Marvel Not Cancelling Their Lowest-Selling Comics? - January 16, 2018
- John Nee is the New Publisher of Marvel Comics - January 16, 2018