Last year, Devil’s Due Publishing left Diamond Comic Distributors, leaving a large amount of debt, both to the distributor and to creators, alongside allegations that Diamond had lost much of their stock. It wasn’t pretty.
Today, Devil’s Due will announce they are back, as Devil’s Due Entertainment, still headed up by Josh Blaylock.
They are also publishing a new imprint Project Rectify, featuring projects with an aim to pay back creators that DDP owed money to.
In what must have been a rather fiddled with press release, Bill Schanes, Diamond’s Vice President of Purchasing is quoted as saying “We’re excited to see what the new Devil’s Due Entertainment will have to offer comic book specialty retailers” which is about as non committal as it comes.
Let’s see if the industry can forgive them.
- Watchmen, The Justice Society, Flash And Batman – It’s All Happening! - February 24, 2017
- Aspen Denied Free Comic Book Day 2017 – So They Are Doing It Themselves With Aspen Universe: Decimation #0, Free For May - February 24, 2017
- Saudia Arabia Comic Con Condemned By Religious Leaders – But Not Mads Mikkelsen - February 24, 2017
- Tom King Teases Batman/Rorschach Crossover… - February 24, 2017
- What Would A Comics Retailer Tell Their Younger Self Before Opening Their Store? - February 24, 2017