John Romita Jr, co-creator of Kick Ass, The Gray Area and long standing Marvel artist will be attempting to sign and sketch continually for longer than anyone else. The prevous Guinness Book of World Record is for forty-eight hours, set by himself, ten years ago.
The attempt will start on Friday, May the 4th, at the Hard Rock Cafe on the Las Vegas Strip in the Showcase Mall, to coincide with the release of Hit Girl, the Avengers movie and Free Comic Book Day on May the 5th.
He will be raising money for Heroes For Jordan, a charity set up to secure medical treatment for his twelve year old niece Jordan Alyssa Atherton for the effects of cancer therapy and surgery as a young child. It will also raise money with Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation of Nevada to raise much needed funds to assist other children suffering the effects of cancer.
If you fancy attending on behalf of Bleeding Cool, do let me know. Looks like Stan will be there for the press conference the day before…
- No One Told JH Williams III That Promethea Was Joining the Justice League - January 18, 2018
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 from Vault Comics Gets a Surprise FOC - January 18, 2018
- Marvel Comics Created Variant of Doctor Strange: Damnation to Be More Bible-Belt-Friendly - January 18, 2018
- BLACK Gets a New Series in April as BLACK [AF] Widows - January 18, 2018
- DC Comics Fixes Justice League International Omnibus Problems (Some Of Them) With Stealth Second Printing - January 18, 2018