John Romita Jr, co-creator of Kick Ass, The Gray Area and long standing Marvel artist will be attempting to sign and sketch continually for longer than anyone else. The prevous Guinness Book of World Record is for forty-eight hours, set by himself, ten years ago.
The attempt will start on Friday, May the 4th, at the Hard Rock Cafe on the Las Vegas Strip in the Showcase Mall, to coincide with the release of Hit Girl, the Avengers movie and Free Comic Book Day on May the 5th.
He will be raising money for Heroes For Jordan, a charity set up to secure medical treatment for his twelve year old niece Jordan Alyssa Atherton for the effects of cancer therapy and surgery as a young child. It will also raise money with Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation of Nevada to raise much needed funds to assist other children suffering the effects of cancer.
If you fancy attending on behalf of Bleeding Cool, do let me know. Looks like Stan will be there for the press conference the day before…
- Let There Be Light? Tomorrow’s Ultimates 2 #8 Tells The Very Beginning Of The Marvel Multiverse - April 25, 2017
- A Host Of New Comics Announced At C2E2 From Lion Forge - April 25, 2017
- An Unannounced Issue Of Surgeon X To Be Digitally Published Tomorrow, By Sara Kenney And Warren Pleece - April 25, 2017
- Marvel’s Agents Of Hydra Shout Sheets For Fitz And Simmons…. It’s Not Looking Good - April 25, 2017
- How Faith And Ninjak Went To Homecoming Together – Courtesy Of David Lafuente - April 25, 2017