John Romita Jr, co-creator of Kick Ass, The Gray Area and long standing Marvel artist will be attempting to sign and sketch continually for longer than anyone else. The prevous Guinness Book of World Record is for forty-eight hours, set by himself, ten years ago.
The attempt will start on Friday, May the 4th, at the Hard Rock Cafe on the Las Vegas Strip in the Showcase Mall, to coincide with the release of Hit Girl, the Avengers movie and Free Comic Book Day on May the 5th.
He will be raising money for Heroes For Jordan, a charity set up to secure medical treatment for his twelve year old niece Jordan Alyssa Atherton for the effects of cancer therapy and surgery as a young child. It will also raise money with Candlelighters Childhood Cancer Foundation of Nevada to raise much needed funds to assist other children suffering the effects of cancer.
If you fancy attending on behalf of Bleeding Cool, do let me know. Looks like Stan will be there for the press conference the day before…
- Marvel Teams Thor & Hulk In New Comic From Jeremy Whitley, Simone Buanfantino And Alti Firmansyah - July 25, 2017
- Kieron Gillen Writing Star Wars Monthly Comic With Salvador Larocca From November - July 25, 2017
- Here’s What’s In The $500 ‘Infinity Gauntlet’ Slipcase - July 25, 2017
- Marvel Legacy: Guardians Of The Galaxy Start A New Mission In #146, Coming This November - July 25, 2017
- Duncan Fegredo And Laurence Campbell Launch BPRD: The Devil You Know, At Orbital Comics In London Tomorrow - July 25, 2017