Just as you’d expect, Sony are getting the Bond machine back on schedule for bi-annual releases after the MGM situation created an unusually long gap between films 22 and 23.
Speaking at Cinemacon yesterday, the company’s President of Worldwide Distribution, Rory Bruer, promised Bond 24 for 2014.
Daniel Craig’s contract means that he has first refusal at Bond 24 but is by no means obliged to take the role. His recent comments have suggested that he’ll stick around, but this might just be PR spin – you never can tell.
The Sony panel at Cinemacon also saw the world premiere of the first Skyfall trailer, expected to debut in cinemas with Men In Black 3. It seems to be based largely around a word-association game, apparently being used to debrief big Jim.
Entertainment Weekly have transcribed the dialogue between Bond and his interrogator:
“Country …” the examiner begins.
“… England,” Bond replies flatly.
“Gun …” the man says.
“… Shot,” Bond says.
“… Provocateur,” Bond says.
“… Employment,” Bond growls.
The examiner repeats it: “Skyfall …”
And then Bond gets up in a right old huff and we’re plunged into a fast-cut sequence of gun play, running, jumping and finally… a series of coffins draped in the Union flag, as spotted on set some months ago.
The trailer then ends with Bond saying:
Some men are coming to kill us. We’re going to kill them first.
Yeah, sounds about right.
Skyfall will be released in the UK in October, in the US in November.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014