To think I used to believe it was easy being green.
Kermit the Frog has been charged with illegally plugging The Muppets last year during his appearance on German commercial network Pro7. Our small amphibian friend took part in the channel’s “Disney Day” of programming as a presenter, and happened to mention the forthcoming release of The Muppets. According to the story in The Hollywood Reporter, the commission for regulating German television have found Kermit guilty of illegal product placement, since the segment was not marked explicitly onscreen as an advertisement.
There’s no telling how far they will take this, but I can only assume that right now Kermit is huddled in a detention cell somewhere in Germany, his little green hands still sticky with ink from having his fingerprints taken, looking worriedly askance at the 300-pound biker called Hans who is waving at him coyly from the other bunk.
Oh, the humanity…
- Jackie Chan Confirms Role In The Expendables 3 - December 17, 2012
- Garrett Hedlund Confirms Attachment To TRON 3 - December 13, 2012
- Lincoln And Argo Lead The 2013 Golden Globes Nominations - December 13, 2012
- James McAvoy And Mark Strong Star In New Trailer For Brit Action Thriller Welcome To The Punch - December 11, 2012
- The Asylum Finally Have One Of Their Mockbusters Blocked As Lawyers Stop Age Of The Hobbits - December 10, 2012