Alasdair Stuart writes for Bleeding Cool.
I like to think it’s twinned with the Hotel California, but that might just be me.
Adam Sandler has had precisely no critical praise of late, which is a shame as some of his braver choices, and some of his earlier movies are huge fun. The end of 50 First Dates, I still maintain, is one of the quietest and most romantic endings in years. And, yes, I blubbed tons.
Hotel Transylvania may well turn his fortunes around. I’m a sucker for a good ‘monster’s refuge’ story and this looks to be pretty great. Genndy Tartakovsky has a fantastic visual flair and some of the visual gags here, especially the window in the pyramids and the host gliding alongside the character as every Do Not Disturb sign screams at him work really well.
Of course there’s also the shower joke that falls flat but we can’t have everything and if nothing else the whole thing does look very pretty.
Hotel Transylvania is set for release on October 12 in the UK and 21st September in the US. We have yet to confirm whether fresh sheets and little mints on the pillow will be left at the start of each screening.
- Massive Mighty Morphin Spoilers For The Power Rangers Movie, Revealed - March 11, 2017
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015