This is the cover to 2000AD Prog 1633 for the strip Cradlegrave, by artist Bagwell.
This is the reference photo that Bagwell shot and composed, to create the cover.
And this is the poster image for upcoming British film Monster Project.
In Swipe File we present two or more images that resemble each other to some degree. They may be homages, parodies, ironic appropriations, coincidences or works of the lightbox. We trust you, the reader, to make that judgment yourself. If you are unable to do so, please return your eyes to their maker before any further damage is done. The Swipe File doesn’t judge (although I couldn’t resist the headline pun this week), it’s interested more in the process of creation, how work influences other work, how new work comes from old, and sometimes how the same ideas emerge simultaneously, as if their time has just come. The Swipe File was named after the advertising industry habit where writers and artist collect images and lines they admire to inspire them in their work. It was swiped from the Comic Journal who originally ran this column, as well as the now defunct Swipe Of The Week website.
- Transformers: Lost Light #8 Features Trans Women Transformers - July 27, 2017
- Second Printings For Generation Gone, Generations: Hulks, Snotgirl, Shirtless Bear Fighter, And Edge Of Venomverse - July 27, 2017
- Mark Buckingham And Steve Rude Replace Nick Bradshaw And Klaus Janson On ‘Manhunter Vs Sandman’ - July 27, 2017
- What Else Can You Find In That Marvel Book Previews Catalogue For Early 2018? - July 27, 2017
- A Few DC Covers You May Or May Not Have Seen For August, From Cho To Portacio To Albuquerque - July 27, 2017