Earlier this week, Chris Roberson announced on Twitter that he was going to quit DC Comics as a writer on the conclusion of iZombie, and after the Fairest arc he’d committed to writing. He cited concerns over the publisher’s morality.
Suddenly he has now been told he won’t be writing that Fairest arc anymore. He tweets;
Sorry to disappoint anyone, but I won’t be writing a Fairest arc after all. It was decided my services were no longer required.
Roberson confirmed he would be paid for work he had handed in. But, presumably, it won’t now be published. Fairest and Fables creator Bill Willingham tweeted;
Not decided by me. I will work with Chris Roberson any time. Any place.
I am privy to a little inside information of what Chris Roberson will be doing instead of his Fairest arc and it will be awesome. So there.
DC Comics still list Roberson as an upcoming writer on the title.
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 Out This Week… for the Very First Time - February 24, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018
- 9 Exclusive Retailer Covers from Marvel for April 2018 - February 24, 2018
- Filip Sablik and Ross Richie Address ComicsPRO on BOOM! Studios as a Premier Publisher at Diamond - February 23, 2018
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018