Filming for the next James Bond film, Skyfall, has left the UK and headed to Turkey where some rather exciting stunts are being staged.
As we understand it, the shooting in Istanbul is for the opening of the film, but you may consider this all spoiler material nonetheless, so read on, and play the video, at your own discretion.
The scene involves a motorbike chase through Istanbul’s Grand Bazaar. According to Reuters, it hasn’t all gone perfectly to plan:
A stuntman in the new James Bond film Skyfall now shooting in Istanbul lost control of his motorcycle and smashed into the window of a 330-year-old shop in the city’s 15th-century Grand Bazaar, Turkish media said on Monday.
The stuntman swerved to avoid hitting extras while careering through the Grand Bazaar at high speed, the NTV news channel said, but then crashed into the jewellery shop and smashed its crystal glass window.
You can see the accident, though not particularly clearly, in this video from Turkish CNN.
And here are two more TV reports that… I don’t understand. And appear to show a different accident to the one described above. How much of Istanbul are they wrecking?
The stunt doubles there would appear to be for Daniel Craig and Ola Rapace, though it’s hard to be sure. It’s not like James Bond stunt doubles have traditionally looked like the characters they’re playing.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014