Undoubtedly one of my most keenly anticipated pictures of the year, Neil Jordan‘s Byzantium sees him return to the Vampire genre, as well as the British sea front drama, which he has also excelled at.
The script has been written by Jane Eyre and Tamara Drewe‘s Moira Buffini, based upon her own play, and as you’ll see from this poster, the film stars Gemma Arterton, Saoirse Ronan and Sam Riley.
Neil Jordan’s really got a way with the colour red, above and beyond a lot of his peers who splash it about in an often very simple fashion. Sure, the symbolism can be quite obvious – blood and sexuality – but he incorporates it into his images, and structures the rest of the film’s aesthetic so that it has great effect. See In Dreams or The Company of Wolves for some very striking examples.
From this poster, and the on-set pictures from the film that have leaked already, it looks like red is going to be very important here too.
Thanks to Coming Soon for the image.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014