They’re all Muppets, but they’ve got different lawyers. On the one hand (so to speak) there’s Kermit, Piggy, Fozzie and all those chaps who just got a new movie.
On the other hand, there’s the guys who live down on Sesame Street and have nothing to do with Disney.
They don’t get together very often, not any more. But they did this weekend, at New York’s Carnegie Hall. And The Fraggles came along too, and several other Muppets from other shows. Which hands were left for them to go on remains a mystery.
Also getting up on stage were several of the Muppets’ human friends, from Paul Williams to the cast of Sesame Street.
This event, The Musical World of Jim Henson, was not recorded. Or at least, there’s absolutely no plans for a recording to be released. Perhaps somebody did a sufficiently professional job and will sneak out a bootleg someday.
Or perhaps I’ll just have to do with what I’ve been able to find on YouTube.
We’ll start with The Rainbow Connection, because it plays all the way through, and is genuinely magical. When Kermit tells Paul Williams that it’s a beautiful song? That’s pure Muppets.
And then there’s a series of clips which, if you’re anything like me, you’ll look on with envy and wonder and… something in your eye.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014