I love good twist. Especially the kind where the filmmakers played fair, and showed you “everything” all along, it’s just that you, the viewer, didn’t necessarily add it all up in the right way.
Conmen and heist films often pull this manoeuvre, and when we get a film about magicians, those will often hang on this kind of trick too. The potential for mixing the two up is obvious.
And that’s the idea in Now You See Me, a new caper about a group of magicians pulling off incredible heists.
Some of the cast try to explain the film’s set up in this on-set video from ET. They don’t exactly nail it.
Doesn’t look half bad, though I’m sceptical about director Louis Leterrier. Maybe I’ll end up giving it the “Paul Daniels review”:
I liked it… not a lot, but I liked it.
Here’s hoping for more than that.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014