Storage 24 has been directed by Johannes Roberts, last responsible for the “monster hoodies” picture, F. He’s still shooting for an accessible, scary vibe. Noel Clarke stars, and co-wrote the script with Daivie Fairbanks and Marc Small, curiously listed in IMDB as “contributing writers.” According to the title card at the end of the trailer, as fuzzy as it is, Roberts, Fairbanks and Small are credited with “screenplay”, Clarke with (as far as I can see) “original idea and screenplay.”
Here’s the trailer for the film.
I’m put in mind of 1994, and that period when Sight and Sound lit up with articles about young British filmmakers adopting “the Hollywood style.” Back when Shopping and Shallow Grave were just coming out and Danny Cannon’s Young Americans was just starting to fade from memory.
It’s nice to see Antonia Campbell-Hughes, who I remember fondly from Bright Star and did sort-of Dennis Pennis/Ali G-lite interviews on MTV as Bluebell Welch, a character of her own creation.
Storage 24 will be along in June, at least in the UK.
Here’s the first promo image for the picture, looking an awful lot like “the middle slice” of a poster.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014