Marvel Comics are running a promotion with comic book stores and cinema chains, to try and make the link with The Avengers movie and their offerings for Free Comic Book Day.
On May 3rd, AMC cinemas across the US will be running The Ultimate Marvel Movie Marathon, screening Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Hulk, Captain America and Thor ahead of the release of The Avengers at midnight, on May the 4th, just. And the day after is, of course, Free Comic Book Day.
Retailers should contact their local cinema, to exchange promotional materials, the store promoting the movie marathon, the cinema promoting the store’s Free Comic Book Day offering. Look, Marvel have even provided a poster to download and print off, with space to put your own details, for the cinema to stick up.
Admittedly, it’s not a cinema trailer on before the movies. It’s a poster. That you print out. But, you know… I’m a big believer in the printer advertisement.
But… will it work?
- DC Comics April 2018 Catalog – Solicits From Action Comics #1000 to Splitting Batman In Two… - January 22, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels Trinity With #22 in April 2018 - January 22, 2018
- Will Marvel’s New Young Guns Move the Needle? - January 22, 2018
- 20 Previews of Free Comic Book Day 2018 Titles, from Barrier to Relay to 2000AD Reneged - January 22, 2018
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits for April 2018 - January 22, 2018