Marvel Comics are running a promotion with comic book stores and cinema chains, to try and make the link with The Avengers movie and their offerings for Free Comic Book Day.
On May 3rd, AMC cinemas across the US will be running The Ultimate Marvel Movie Marathon, screening Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Hulk, Captain America and Thor ahead of the release of The Avengers at midnight, on May the 4th, just. And the day after is, of course, Free Comic Book Day.
Retailers should contact their local cinema, to exchange promotional materials, the store promoting the movie marathon, the cinema promoting the store’s Free Comic Book Day offering. Look, Marvel have even provided a poster to download and print off, with space to put your own details, for the cinema to stick up.
Admittedly, it’s not a cinema trailer on before the movies. It’s a poster. That you print out. But, you know… I’m a big believer in the printer advertisement.
But… will it work?
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017
- Final Part Of Watchmen Crossover “The Button” In Flash #23, Is Running Late… - April 27, 2017
- Image Comics To Publish New Black And White Spawn Cover Variants As Well! - April 27, 2017
- Tom Holland, The New Spider-Man, Films Video For Free Comic Book Day To Promote Marvel’s Secret Empire - April 27, 2017