Marvel Comics are running a promotion with comic book stores and cinema chains, to try and make the link with The Avengers movie and their offerings for Free Comic Book Day.
On May 3rd, AMC cinemas across the US will be running The Ultimate Marvel Movie Marathon, screening Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Hulk, Captain America and Thor ahead of the release of The Avengers at midnight, on May the 4th, just. And the day after is, of course, Free Comic Book Day.
Retailers should contact their local cinema, to exchange promotional materials, the store promoting the movie marathon, the cinema promoting the store’s Free Comic Book Day offering. Look, Marvel have even provided a poster to download and print off, with space to put your own details, for the cinema to stick up.
Admittedly, it’s not a cinema trailer on before the movies. It’s a poster. That you print out. But, you know… I’m a big believer in the printer advertisement.
But… will it work?
- The Battle Over Whether Batman Is A Meta-Human Gets Increasingly Meta - July 28, 2017
- Drugs Raid Seizes Death Of Phoenix, 2nd Deadpool, 1st Bishop And Infinity Gauntlet - July 28, 2017
- The UN Turns To Comics To Save The World At San Diego Comic-Con - July 28, 2017
- The Six Big Questions Asked By Marvel Legacy #1 – But What Of The Child? - July 28, 2017
- The X-Men’s Origins Retold In 8 Page Preview Of Ed Piskor’s X-Men: Grand Design - July 28, 2017