Marvel Comics are running a promotion with comic book stores and cinema chains, to try and make the link with The Avengers movie and their offerings for Free Comic Book Day.
On May 3rd, AMC cinemas across the US will be running The Ultimate Marvel Movie Marathon, screening Iron Man, Iron Man 2, Hulk, Captain America and Thor ahead of the release of The Avengers at midnight, on May the 4th, just. And the day after is, of course, Free Comic Book Day.
Retailers should contact their local cinema, to exchange promotional materials, the store promoting the movie marathon, the cinema promoting the store’s Free Comic Book Day offering. Look, Marvel have even provided a poster to download and print off, with space to put your own details, for the cinema to stick up.
Admittedly, it’s not a cinema trailer on before the movies. It’s a poster. That you print out. But, you know… I’m a big believer in the printer advertisement.
But… will it work?
- Chris Ware, Cosey And Larcenet Are Three Finalists For Angoulême’s Grand Prix , After Alan Moore Pulled Out Again - January 19, 2017
- VIDEO – Stan Lee Unboxes His First Box As His Second Goes Silver Age - January 19, 2017
- Image And Boom Are Diamond’s Comics Publishers Of The Year – The 2016 Gem Awards Results - January 19, 2017
- What If DC Were Publishing A Batman/Shadow Comic By Snyder, Orlando And Rossmo, But No One Made A Sound? - January 19, 2017
- Gendercrunching November 2016 – Marvel, DC, Boom, Titan, Dynamite And Valiant - January 19, 2017