Deadline are reporting that Dougray Scott, everyone’s favorite nearly Wolverine and the villain in what is, to my mind, the least of the Mission: Impossible movies is set to take the male lead in Hemlock Grove, the latest original Netflix series.
The series is adapted from Brian Mcgreevey‘s upcoming novel by Mcgreevey and Lee Shipman and produced by Eli Roth and Gaumont International TV. If the name didn’t suggest a little bit of horror and stabbing, the production pedigree certainly flags it up doesn’t it?
The plot is an apparently The Killing-esque story about the murder of a young girl near the Godfrey Steel mill. The suspects in her killing include a 17-year old local gypsy, the evil scion of the Godfrey family fortune and his deformed sister.
Scott is on deck to play the reluctant elder statesman of the family who has founded a Biomodeical Medicine Centre and is horrified by the excesses of Godfrey’s merry widow, played by Famke Janssen.
Scott’s always good value and it’s past time he got one of those big parts that keeps just missing him. Likewise Janssen gives good vamp and the whole thing sounds like it could play as a soap opera drenched in the blood of its victims. Much like Eastenders, just without the crushing nihilistic drudgery. Or the chips.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015