Back in 1988, one of my weekly appointments to view was Channel 4’s The Media Show with Muriel Gray. I’ll never forget the episode about the making of Richard Stanley’s Hardware, taking us around the set and talking about the unusual nature of the production.
And, you won’t be surprised to hear, a particular segment about Terry Gilliam‘s Brazil stayed in mind pretty clearly too.
Now Phil Stubbs, the internet’s keanest Gilliam archivist, has uploaded that section to YouTube. Here it is.
If you know Brazil well, you’ll see that Ridley Scott’s Barclays ad really did land on some of the same images pretty darn closely.
And… what a nice wrap-up from Gilliam there.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014