Seeing as the URL at the bottom checks out, diverting to the film’s official Spanish website (well, Sony’s mothership for now), I’m inclined to believe this is the first teaser poster for Quentin Tarantino’s Django Unchained.
There’s an obvious Saul Bass influence at work here, and the brand-building of Tarantino as a director chimes with several of his previous posters.
I’ll be curious to see if the US poster for the film follows suit, when it comes along.
Looking closely, it seems like Django is going to have a broken chain hanging from his wrist throughout the film. That already has potency, just in this image. Seeing him walk alongside Schulz is striking too. I think there’s a real sense of the film to be got from this simple design.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014