Last night I ran a story about Bobbie Chase being promoted to Editorial Director at DC Comics. But details about what was happening to Executive Editor Eddie Berganza were scattered.
DC Comics have now officially told me that Eddie now has the position of Group Editor, and I quote “responsible for continuing his work on the highly successful and record-breaking DC Comics – The New 52 line of comic books.”
This is an effective demotion for Berganza, but I have been told by unofficial sources that his focus changed, and he will be heading up the “DC-Mation”, a heavy culling and reworking of the DC New 52.
There are two very separate accounts from DC sources over the events that led to this move. Some suggest a series of indiscretions, including a sexual harassment incident that took place in public at WonderCon, with Bob Harras pushing to be rid of Eddie, other sources insisting the two are thick as thieves, and the move will free up Eddie to be more autonomous.
But in a world where a number of DC executives have been accused of similar indiscretions, it seems unlikely Eddie would be forced to toss himself on the DC Bullet. As it were.
- Comic Store In Your Future – How Did Venom #150 Sell For You? - June 26, 2017
- Hatchet Gets An Ongoing Series From American Mythology September 2017 Solicits - June 26, 2017
- Fried Pie Comics Covers For Dark Nights: Metal, Moonstruck And, Yes, Robotech - June 26, 2017
- Ch-Ch-Changes: The Unsolicited Wasp - June 26, 2017
- Saying Goodbye To James Hagemann, Who Helped Make My First Comic A Reality - June 26, 2017