Last night I ran a story about Bobbie Chase being promoted to Editorial Director at DC Comics. But details about what was happening to Executive Editor Eddie Berganza were scattered.
DC Comics have now officially told me that Eddie now has the position of Group Editor, and I quote “responsible for continuing his work on the highly successful and record-breaking DC Comics – The New 52 line of comic books.”
This is an effective demotion for Berganza, but I have been told by unofficial sources that his focus changed, and he will be heading up the “DC-Mation”, a heavy culling and reworking of the DC New 52.
There are two very separate accounts from DC sources over the events that led to this move. Some suggest a series of indiscretions, including a sexual harassment incident that took place in public at WonderCon, with Bob Harras pushing to be rid of Eddie, other sources insisting the two are thick as thieves, and the move will free up Eddie to be more autonomous.
But in a world where a number of DC executives have been accused of similar indiscretions, it seems unlikely Eddie would be forced to toss himself on the DC Bullet. As it were.
- Changes To Tomorrow’s Comics – Detective Comics, Future Quest And Hal Jordan And The Green Lantern Corps - January 24, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today! A Comic Show – Star Wars, Saga, & Slayer - January 24, 2017
- Reading Nick Spencer’s Captain America While Reading His Tweets - January 24, 2017
- André Lima Araújo Is Drawing The Wicked + The Divine 455 - January 24, 2017
- Dynamite Launches The Sovereigns #0 With Turok, Magnus, Solar, Doctor Spektor For $1, With Ray Fawkes, Chuck Wendig, Aubrey Sitterson and Johnny Desjardins - January 24, 2017