Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray have waited the right amount of time for the book to be out of print, jumped through all the hoops they needed to and now, finally, have claimed their “creator owned” series Monolith back from DC Comics.
The twelve issue series ran through 2004 and 2005 with art from Phil Winslade, Tomm Coker and Peter Snejberg, before being cancelled. It told a superhero story about a golem, both in the present day and in the 1930s. The titular character also appeared briefly in Hawkman and The Battle For Bludhaven by the same writers. Both Palmiotti and Gray have spoken of the book as one of their favourite works.
It will now be collected and published by Image Comics, the first volume being printed in a European-style oversized hardcover collecting the first three issues, including the double sized issue one, in July.
- Tony S Daniel, On Leaving The Justice League For Now - January 23, 2017
- Star Wars Episode VIII Will Be Called…. The Last Jedi - January 23, 2017
- How Will Your Comic Store Celebrate Image Comics Day On February 1st? - January 23, 2017
- Walking Dead Co-Creator Tony Moore To Benefit Planned Parenthood With This Commemorative Trump Print - January 23, 2017
- Yet More Punching Nazis, Pepe The Frog, Richard Spencer … And Jack Kirby - January 23, 2017