It’s pretty fun to see DC bringing back the classic Quality Comics title National Comics this July, about 72 years after it originally debuted. Of course, Kid Eternity is also a Quality character (and we’ve seen Quality-related titles The Ray and Blackhawks in the New 52 — and even a Plastic Man reference, I think), DC acquired the line in the mid-1950s and has used numerous of the characters and titles since then. And of course you know that I never miss a chance to mention golden age and silver age material in trending topics (and fortunately, comics news rarely leaves me lacking the opportunity for long), so I’m hoping that National Comics will keep the Quality connection going with subsequent issues (Uncle Sam, anyone?).
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
Jeff Lemire and Cully Hamner will create Eternity, which appears to be similar to Kid Eternity. They describe it;
Due to legal issues, the French shop Comics Zone in Lyon that specialises in American comics held its Avengers Vs X-Men party last Saturday .
Just found some pictures from a New Years party in maybe 1997. JimLee is wearing a white Tuxedo, a bit tipsy, riding atop a camel…
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
Ever since Marvel became part of the Mickey Mouse Empire, we’ve regularly heard rumours that the studio would bring their new, four-coloured characters over to The Magic Kingdom and realise some kind of crossover.
I have no real idea about Kid Cudi. I’ve heard of him, I have some idea of what he looks like, and I know that he’s a hip hop artist with some acting experience.
There’s often a bit of pushme and pullyou between the trades on a breaking story, oftentimes because agents and studios are using the outlets as a public arena for negotiations (see: the ongoing Gary Ross/Hunger Gamers story).
- What Does Epcot Announcement Mean For Guardians Of The Galaxy 4 And Beyond? - July 15, 2017
- Roswell, The Beginnings Of The UFO Craze And What It Has To Do With DC Comics - July 8, 2017
- Image Comics, Howard Chaykin Issue Apology, Pull Cover For Divided States Of Hysteria #4 - July 1, 2017
- The Secret Origin Of Spider-Man’s “Friendly Neighborhood” - June 26, 2017
- Did Somebody Say Madam Satan? Pep Comics #16 Heats Up At Auction - June 16, 2017