It seems a little early to me, but the MPAA have apparently given The Dark Knight Rises its rating for release in the US, and it’s a PG-13. No surprise there – it was never going to be an R, and a PG was a long shot too.
PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, some sensuality and language.
How much sensuality is some, I wonder? A bit of bat-necking, I’d imagine. And I suppose this classification of the violent, active sequences as “intense” count as the first independent review of the film. Well, it’s as useful as any poster quote, at least.
These notes rise the ante, ever so slightly, from The Dark Knight, which was said to contain:
intense sequences of violence and some menace.
I’ll take sensuality over menace any day of the week.
Here’s a screen shot of the note in situ.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014