Last year, James Robinson was meant to write Savage Hawkman with Philip Tan. Instead, Tony S Daniels wrote the book. But the Robinson/Tan team was clearly meant to be, and with Rob Liefeld and Joe Bennett taking over that book, suddenly both were free.
But what comic book could possibly suit their varied talents? The multiple Eisner Award winning writer of the Leave It To Chance, London’s Dark and The Golden Age and currently working on The Shade, with one of the Batman And Robin artists teamed with Grant Morrison…
Seriously, which of you said He-Man?
Six issues, starting in July, Masters Of The Universe, by Robinson and Tan. In an everything-you-knew-is-wrong twist with Skeletor as the conqueror of Eternia and the Castle Grayskull, and our heroes with no knowledge of the powerful characters they once was.
MTV Geek have the full scoop. If they’d have published this five days ago, it would feel so much easier to accept.
DC Comics have published He-Man comics before in the eighties, including a crossover with Superman. Marvel also published a run in their Star Comics kids line. And last year Dark Horse produced a series of mini-comics to be packaged with figures, written by Tim Seeley.
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017
- Details On How Harley Quinn Will Take Over Batman Day In September - July 24, 2017