Last year, James Robinson was meant to write Savage Hawkman with Philip Tan. Instead, Tony S Daniels wrote the book. But the Robinson/Tan team was clearly meant to be, and with Rob Liefeld and Joe Bennett taking over that book, suddenly both were free.
But what comic book could possibly suit their varied talents? The multiple Eisner Award winning writer of the Leave It To Chance, London’s Dark and The Golden Age and currently working on The Shade, with one of the Batman And Robin artists teamed with Grant Morrison…
Seriously, which of you said He-Man?
Six issues, starting in July, Masters Of The Universe, by Robinson and Tan. In an everything-you-knew-is-wrong twist with Skeletor as the conqueror of Eternia and the Castle Grayskull, and our heroes with no knowledge of the powerful characters they once was.
MTV Geek have the full scoop. If they’d have published this five days ago, it would feel so much easier to accept.
DC Comics have published He-Man comics before in the eighties, including a crossover with Superman. Marvel also published a run in their Star Comics kids line. And last year Dark Horse produced a series of mini-comics to be packaged with figures, written by Tim Seeley.
- Godshaper By Si Spurrier And Jonas Goonface – The Shape Of Comics To Come? - January 20, 2017
- Cullen Bunn Unleashes Another Monster, Regression With Danny Luckert For Image Comics - January 20, 2017
- Will Rosado Joins Catalyst Prime’s Free Comic Book Day - January 20, 2017
- Plague Of Locusts, Frogs Fall From Sky And Witchblade Returns As A TV Series Again - January 20, 2017
- Don’t Fear Kim Reaper…. Supernatural Romance Leads Oni Press’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 20, 2017