A few years ago, before they got into publishing comics properly as Dynamite Entertainment, Dynamic Forces would occasionally publish an original comic, shorter than a usual comic, for about twice the price, using name talent and a name franchise, and marketing it as a collectible.
One such comic was Witchblade: Demon by Mark Millar and Jae Lee from 2003. A 14 page story for $6.
Now, Dynamite are reprinting that story as well as a full size comic sequel written by Ande Parks and drawn by Jose Luis, with covers by Dennis Calero and Jae Lee. Witchblade: Demon Reborn #1 will be $3.99 despite the added content, in July.
Recently Dynamite did similar with Alan Moore and Gary Frank’s reworking of Dracula as a short story from Harris. Are there any more short stories by name creators out there that can be capitalised on?
Here’s their solicitation information.
In Witchblade: Demon Reborn #1, Sara Pezzini and The Witchblade sent a serial killer who thought himself a demon to hell. A year later, the “Demon” has learned what true torment is all about. Now, he’s been offered a special opportunity by hell’s bureaucrats: a chance to drag Sara back down with him. Sara Pezzini must confront her own demons to avoid losing everything and everyone she loves.
- Jason Aaron and Sara Pichelli’s Avengers for Free Comic Book Day 2018 - February 21, 2018
- All the Image Expo 2018 Announcements and All the Art in One Place - February 21, 2018
- Sam and Twitch Get a New Comic, True Detectives, at #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018
- Confirmed: Image Comics Will Publish All the Millarworld Netflix Comics Too - February 21, 2018
- Gerry Duggan and John McCrea’s Dead Rabbit from #ImageExpo - February 21, 2018