Bleeding Cool rather ragged on a recent Marvel Comics title commissioned to explain banking to students for being, well, awful. In comparison however, this comic written by Marc Sumerak and drawn by Marcio Takara to promote awareness of the effects of alcohol to kids, commissioned by Elks National Youth Program, both succeeds as a comic and at getting certain messages across. These include the dangers of peer pressure, the dangers of alcohol on young bodies and the dangers of, well, going around with a big 4 on your T-shirt like it’s some kind of target.
The comic sees Franklin making friends at school with the cool kids, thanks to his family connections, but then getting dragged into all sorts of mischief.
So the secondary message is, don’t try to be cool either. Not that many kids reading comics will need to learn that…
The comic can be read for free here.
- Doctor Who Comics In April, From Titan Comics, Leads With A Ghost Spinoff From The Christmas Special - January 20, 2017
- Comic Folk React To… The Inauguration Of President Trump - January 20, 2017
- Need A Break from The Inauguration? Catch Up With Con Man Season 2 - January 20, 2017
- Did You Notice It’s Inauguration Day? This Week’s Comic Books Did… - January 20, 2017
- Black Panther & The Crew To Become Marvel’s Third Black Panther Monthly Comic - January 20, 2017