Bleeding Cool rather ragged on a recent Marvel Comics title commissioned to explain banking to students for being, well, awful. In comparison however, this comic written by Marc Sumerak and drawn by Marcio Takara to promote awareness of the effects of alcohol to kids, commissioned by Elks National Youth Program, both succeeds as a comic and at getting certain messages across. These include the dangers of peer pressure, the dangers of alcohol on young bodies and the dangers of, well, going around with a big 4 on your T-shirt like it’s some kind of target.
The comic sees Franklin making friends at school with the cool kids, thanks to his family connections, but then getting dragged into all sorts of mischief.
So the secondary message is, don’t try to be cool either. Not that many kids reading comics will need to learn that…
The comic can be read for free here.
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017