The Gary Friedrich situation caused much furor amongst comic book artists, wondering if they were at risk of any future action by any publisher for drawing and selling sketches of their chatracters at a comic convention. Marvel tried to placate such fears but without any blanket statements that Marvel or Disney would not legally target anyone sketching and selling Marvel characters now or in the future, many remained… unplacated.
It’s not blanket however, those who have been contracted at one point to provide artwork for Hasbro are free to sell such work. But wannabees are forbidden.
Visual from hd-esign
- Comics Folk Eat Popcorn While Reading The #FyreFestival Hashtag… - April 28, 2017
- Unboxing April 2017’s Loot Crate And Skybound – With Comics From X-Files To Extremity… - April 28, 2017
- Digital Sales Down, Print Sales Up, The Paperback Is Powering Back Up - April 28, 2017
- There Will Be Two America #4 Comics In Comic Stores A Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017
- Two Iowa Comic Book Stores Close, One Week Of Each Other - April 28, 2017