The Gary Friedrich situation caused much furor amongst comic book artists, wondering if they were at risk of any future action by any publisher for drawing and selling sketches of their chatracters at a comic convention. Marvel tried to placate such fears but without any blanket statements that Marvel or Disney would not legally target anyone sketching and selling Marvel characters now or in the future, many remained… unplacated.
It’s not blanket however, those who have been contracted at one point to provide artwork for Hasbro are free to sell such work. But wannabees are forbidden.
Visual from hd-esign
- A Comic Show Post-San Diego… “Some Jackass Who’s Always On Bleeding Cool” – Robert Kirkman - July 25, 2017
- My Conversation with Sonny Liew: The Eisner Winner Behind ‘The Art Of Charlie Chan Hock Chye’ - July 25, 2017
- You’d Have Gotten An Exiles #125 With Marvel Legacy If It Wasn’t for Those Pesky Kids - July 25, 2017
- Jorge Molina And RB Silva Join Charles Soule On Astonishing X-Men? - July 25, 2017
- Hang On, Why Am I Being Asked To Preview Tomorrow’s Pitiful Human Lizard #14? - July 25, 2017