There are lots of Pixar traditions, from the regular casting of John Ratzenberger to the repeated appearance of A113, the number of the classroom where John Lasseter studied at CalArts. One such recurring Easter Egg is the Pizza Planet truck, as first featured in Toy Story.
There’s been some speculation as to whether or not this truck will appear in Brave, it being a period picture set in a Scotland of some not-entirely-distinct-but-seriously-pre-motor-vehicles past.
Well, I can tell it will be appearing. And that’s not the only hidden surprise we have to look forward to.
I previewed thirty minutes of Brave a couple of weeks back and afterwards got to speak with Mark Andrews, the director. Here’s what he had to say on the matter of Pixar’s traditional easter egg hunt when asked specifically if the truck will be appearing:
Yes, everything is in here. Everything. All of the typical things, those little insider jokes are all in the movie. You’ve got hours and hours hours with the Blu-ray to look for them. There it is! But it’s right there, yeah.
John Ratzenberger’s Scottish accent is good, it’s not bad. He had a couple of goes at it, but he got there. he’s one of the guards in the background. His voice is in there but if you can’t pick him out we’ve done our job and nailed it.
Lots more on Brave soon.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014