Tonia Sotiropoulou has joined the cast of Skyfall to play, it is said, a new girlfriend for James Bond, though what the word “girlfriend” even means in that context is not entirely clear to me.
Sotiropolou apparently auditioned for the role of Severine originally, but after that went to Berenice Marlohe, she was reconsidered for another part.
According to MI-6 she’ll be appearing in the opening scenes of the film. These are to be shot in Turkey from April 22nd.
Here’s her own Facebook update confirming the news:
Dear friends I officially announce I got a part in J. Bond new film!!! Turkey here I come! Thank u all for you love and support! This is officially the happiest day of my life bitches!!!
From “Dear friends” to “bitches!!!” in three breathless sentences. I blame the adrenaline.
I guess she’ll get her own blog in due course.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014