There are ancient secrets hidden in the pyramids, and following them may lead to danger and death. But enough about Prometheus, that film’s initial screenwriter, Jon Spaihts, has now signed on to write a new Mummy movie for Universal.
Variety have a quote from the writer on his intentions for this new version:
I see it as the sort of opportunity I had with Prometheus, to go back to a franchise’s roots in dark, scary source material, and simultaneously open it up to an epic scale we haven’t seen before.
More epic than the first Brendan Fraser Mummy, with it’s huuuuuge sand storms? Seems odd for a story that essentially hinges on a single, bandage wrapped corpse. Or maybe it won’t hang on that lone Mummy anymore – it’s only a title, after all.
I’ve got a weakness for the shambling dead but I’ll wait and see who Universal attach to direct this thing before getting too excited.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014