Not everything is happening in Seattle right now you know.
Mike Carbonaro kicked off this weekend’s New York Comic Book Marketplace (NYCBM) with an exclusive cocktail reception featuring guest of honor Stan Lee. Stan was in fine form and during a brief stint on stage he had the crowd hanging on his every word.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HSaC78SfN8
“It’s great to be with people that I’ve worked with before, and I’m working with now, and wasn’t lucky enough to work with, perhaps. At my age, it’s great to be anywhere!” Stan quipped to applause and laughter from the audience before wrapping up with his signature line “Excelsior!”
Stan signed autographs for the long list of attendees who bought “Golden Tickets” for the event. A Little Bleeder had Stan autograph his treasured first edition copy of Fireside’s Origins of Marvel Comics, his first exposure to the early days of the pantheon of Marvel’s great heroes.
Aside from the guest of honor, the reception was well attended by NYCBM creative guests, including Chris Claremont, George Perez, Henry Winkler (yes, the Fonz), Joe Sinnott Alex Saviuk and many more. It was also interesting to see Ming Chen and Michael Zapcic from AMC’s Comic Book Men. It was a treat it was to rub shoulders with such a great crowd.
- Petition for Geoff Johns to Make the Joker Gay “Again” - January 22, 2018
- Steve Geppi to Give the Keynote Speech at Diamond’s 2018 Retailer Summit – What Will He Say About 2017? - January 22, 2018
- Cable Artist Jon Malin on Nazis, Marvel, SJWs, X-Men… and Shell Beach - January 22, 2018
- An Analysis of Promethea’s Appearance In Justice League Of America #23 – and a Possible Way Out(SPOILERS) - January 22, 2018
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018