Thank you Tim. And yes, DC Women Kicking Ass had a fine declaration that DC were to turn Wonder Woman into a man with the title’s twelfth issue.
“We think having a male Amazon opens up all kind of stories that just can’t be told with a female character. Wonder Woman has had 70 years of stories. We’d be foolish to think that title of “Wonder” is one that should only be limited to women. We are super excited about this and we think our readers will be too.”
Across the rest of the comics net, it was a poor turnout this year, some sites still recovering from being tricked by IDW into running a story declaring that Mars Attacks was to be a Broadway musical written and produced by John Layman. Two days later, Bleeding Cool pointed out that it was a hoax. Today IDW made that official.
IDW editor Scott Dunbier also ran a killer, tweeting “BIG Artist’s Edition news at ECCC today—we’ll be doing a Little Nemo AE [Artist’s Edition] by Winsor McCay! 28″ wide by nearly four FEET high! Unbelievable!” I had a number of people, including Avatar’s Mark Seifert sending that to me as if it were news…
Comics Beat decided to take the moral high ground and suggest their readers submit their own April Fool entries.
Then there’s this Zenescope Press release that Major Spoilers put up willy nilly.
Then there’s this new Robotech Proposal from Portugal.
[issuu viewMode=singlePage width=550 height=389 backgroundColor=%23222222 documentId=120401171648-ade06f39d23a476f81a98efdd9cee0cb name=robotechproposal username=richjohnston tag=proposal unit=px id=b79f7cf4-e27e-a4cf-4020-66b2e9dbbe61 v=2]
And who wouldn’t want an Admiral Ackbar Singing Bass on their wall?
- The Eisner Awards 2017 – Live, As They Come In - July 21, 2017
- IDW Cut Comics By 25% – And More First Strike, Star Trek, And Black Crown From The Diamond Retailer Presentation - July 21, 2017
- What It Looks Like When Retailers Race To Get Exclusive San Diego Comic-Con Swag - July 21, 2017
- Boom! Studios’ 5 Biggest Problems In Comics, And A ‘Clueless’ Graphic Novel - July 21, 2017
- Comic Book Legal Defense Fund To Train Comic Book Retailers In Their Legal Rights - July 21, 2017