Here’s a second short report from our remote video discussion with Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige at Disney’s Hammersmith offices, ahead of the release of The Avengers (Avengers Assemble in the UK) next month.
I asked him about the plans for The Avengers within the overall structure of Marvel Studios movies, and he talked about how the Avengers represent the finish of “phase one” and a jumping off point for phase two through Iron Man 2, Tbor 2 and, as he put it “knock on wood, Avengers 2“. But I asked if this kind of thing might one day lead to something like Marvel’s Civil War, and what we’d see of that in The Avengers.
He told me:
You can obviously see that in the decades and decades of Avengers comics prior to the Civil War event, the conflict between the characters, the differences in world views of all the characters, that led up to what happened in Civil War, certainly that’s in this movie, you can see how different Tony Stark and Steve Rogers are in a great way. In this movie the question is are they going to be able to stop fighting each other long enough to fight the bad guy
Civil War would someday be a great crossover eve but here it’s more in the character interactions than a direct easter egg.
There’s more to come, but we thought these two teasers would do for now…
- Does This List Set Out Which Justice League Scenes Were Whedon And Which Were Snyder? [SPOILERS] - November 18, 2017
- 25 Years Ago Today, Superman Died At The Hands Of Doomsday – Three Days Later Will He Rise Again In Doomsday Clock? - November 18, 2017
- Geoff Johns Is Leaving The Country For The Release Of Doomsday Clock - November 18, 2017
- America’s New Cultural Invasion Is Manhwa, Korean Webcomics - November 18, 2017
- Silver Sprocket Signs Distro Deal With Devil – Otherwise Known As Diamond Comic Distributors - November 18, 2017