Well done to sometime Bleeding Cool contributor Ben Mortimer for his brief video interview with Jane Goldman from last night’s Empire Awards. It’s not a long interview and hardly deep, but Goldman is being candid, and she spills a couple-few interesting tidbits.
First of all, she lets on that Hammer are looking to follow up The Woman in Black with some kind of loosely-associated story. It seems that they wanted her to write the screenplay, as she did the first film, but as they’re pressing ahead on the project now, she’s proving too busy. Bad luck for that film.
Quite what it will be based upon is anybody’s guess. Susan Hill’s original novel was a standalone and has a pretty well-resolved plot.
What Goldman is working on instead includes a series of projects with Matthew Vaughn. While playing coy about what they might be, she does, perhaps accidentally, confirm that one of them is the X-Men: First Class sequel. That’s one heck of an upgrade from Simon Kinberg, author of the initial draft. She pretty much aced it last time around, so I’m glad to see her officially back.
Here’s Ben’s video from Hey U Guys.
Goldman always gives good chat, and I’m loving the hair, as always.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014