Batwoman won another GLAAD award for DC Comics this year, under the title Outstanding Comic Book in New York. Other nominated comic books were Avengers: The Children’s Crusade, Secret Six, Veronica Presents: Kevin Keller and X-Factor.
This is a second win for writer/artist JH Williams III, who won two years ago with Greg Rucka for Detective Comics featuring the same character.
The GLAAD Awards, now in their 23rd year, celebrate the portrayal of LGBT issues in popular culture. Split into three, the next award ceremonies will be held in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Haden and I just found out that our work on Batwoman has won this year’s coveted GLAAD award for the comics category. This is extremely gratifying, because we’ve been working very hard to make this character multifaceted and someone to believe in, while showing her develop realistic personal relationships over time. So the recognition from the GLAAD awards bolsters us greatly. And thank you for all of the support the series has been getting from you all, the comics readership community.
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today – A Comic Shop: Curse Words Unleashed! - January 17, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics’ Solicits For April 2017 - January 17, 2017
- As Marvel Drop “Buy Physical, Get Digital” Codes, DC Pick Them Up, As Monthly Superhero Comics Go $3.99 - January 17, 2017
- Marvel’s *Classified* Prelude Gets A Name – And It’s Secret Empire - January 17, 2017
- DC Comics Change Credits On Tomorrow’s Green Lanterns, Justice League, Raven And More - January 17, 2017