Batwoman won another GLAAD award for DC Comics this year, under the title Outstanding Comic Book in New York. Other nominated comic books were Avengers: The Children’s Crusade, Secret Six, Veronica Presents: Kevin Keller and X-Factor.
This is a second win for writer/artist JH Williams III, who won two years ago with Greg Rucka for Detective Comics featuring the same character.
The GLAAD Awards, now in their 23rd year, celebrate the portrayal of LGBT issues in popular culture. Split into three, the next award ceremonies will be held in Los Angeles and San Francisco.
Haden and I just found out that our work on Batwoman has won this year’s coveted GLAAD award for the comics category. This is extremely gratifying, because we’ve been working very hard to make this character multifaceted and someone to believe in, while showing her develop realistic personal relationships over time. So the recognition from the GLAAD awards bolsters us greatly. And thank you for all of the support the series has been getting from you all, the comics readership community.
- White Noise In London – Paradiso and Void Indigo Exhibition at Orbital Comics, With a Walkthrough From Ram V on Saturday - January 18, 2018
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018